We’ve released a minor update to SQLPSX which includes includes several bug fixes/enhancements as well as one new module. Here’s an excerpt from the release notes:
Added MySQLLib Module
Mike Shepard created a MySQL module for querying MySQL databases. This is similar in concept to the adolib and OracleClient modules.
Modified adolib Module
- Changed SQLBulkCopy to use System.Data.Common classes rather than SQLClient-specific classes for platform interoperability
- Fixed issue in new-sqlcommand
Modified OracleClient Module
Added OracleBulkCopy which allows you to bulk load data into Oracle
Modified SQLServer Module
Added FileListOnly to Invoke-SqlRestore function
Modified PBM Module
Fixed issue in PBM module when writing to Windows Event log
Modified SSIS Module
Added ProtectionLevel parameter. The package protection level can now be changed/specified as part of the copy process
My thanks to
- Bernd Kriszio (blog|twitter) for his OracleClient enhancements as well as feedback on adoblib
- Mike Shepard for adding functionality and maintaining his adolib as well as branching out SQLPSX to include basic query support for MySQL.
- Eric Humphrey (blog|twitter) for contributing a patch to the SSIS module which adds support for specifying the package protection level during copy processes.